Let me take you to see sewing knitting and needlework shops off the beaten track.
I pick you up at your hotel or in a place of your choice.
We whizz around Paris on foot, and by metro, which can be strenuous as there are
lots of stairs and few lifts or escalators.
A tour takes about four hours and costs 95 euros.
We shop, look, admire, chat with the shop assistants.
There's no pressure to buy.
Any questions? Contact me at email@example.com
Sewing and Beading, in Paris for the first time.
- 9.30am metro from the hotel to the most popular needlecraft shop for beads ,yarn, buttons, trimmings and inspiring ideas
- metro to a neighbourhood haberdashery for yarn, embroidery, threads, sewing accessories
- short bus ride to vintage clothes shops crammed with treasures : garments, shoes , jewellery
- a short walk to the fabric shopping area to see couture remnants,
beautiful buttons, leather, African wax, silks , cottons....where I left them to explore.
Tour for someone who's done the fabric district before.
9.30 am metro to see bag catches clips handles chains grommets
- next stop the costume makers fabric store
- a walk to a sewing cafe for French knits and trims and coffee
- metro to see couture ends where fashion students get their swatches
- backstreet warehouses for intrepid sewers
Neighbourhood walking tour
- metro to see Japanese books
- walk to see handpainted needlepoint canvases, embroidery supplies , bargain yarns,
- vintage haberdashery store
- walk to a vibrant young sewing and knitting emporium
- walk to see couture silks and woollens
Knitting and Crochet Special
- neighbourhood store for Scandanavian yarns
- a yarn shop for ends of runs and bargains and chat about crochet
- small shops to see French mohair, yak, alpaca, Fonty, Valgaudemar, local handspun..
- the most famous French haberdashery for yarns, trims, beads, buttons, expert advice and queues
- late lunch in a knitting café
Time for a break.....